(BPRW) Walgreens Now Offering Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots Nationwide
Millions extra Americans at the moment are eligible for booster pictures as Walgreens stays dedicated to addressing obstacles to entry
(Black PR Wire) DEERFIELD, Ill.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Walgreens introduced right this moment that eligible people can now obtain Moderna and Johnson & Johnson (J&J) COVID-19 vaccine booster pictures in shops nationwide following the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization and new steerage from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This follows FDA authorization of a Pfizer booster dose on Sept. 24. As a part of this new steerage, eligible populations may select to obtain a dose totally different from the one they acquired for his or her preliminary sequence.
“As new guidance regarding COVID-19 vaccines continues to emerge, our communities are relying on pharmacists for information, support and guidance more than ever. Walgreens pharmacy teams are available to answer questions and make it easy to understand eligibility requirements and access COVID-19 vaccine, whether it’s a first dose or booster shot,” stated Rina Shah, group vp pharmacy operations and providers, Walgreens.
What You Need to Know About Booster Eligibility
- Moderna COVID-19 Booster Eligibility: Eligibility necessities for Moderna and Pfizer-BioTech booster doses are the identical. Individuals should wait no less than six months after they full their preliminary mRNA COVID-19 major vaccine sequence to obtain their booster dose. Eligible people embrace:
- Individuals aged 65 and older.
- Long-term care facility residents ages 18 and older.
- Individuals aged 18 and older with underlying medical situations. Individuals ages 18 – 49 ought to take into account particular person advantages and dangers, in response to CDC steerage.
- Individuals ages 18-64 who’re at an elevated threat for COVID-19 publicity and transmission due to occupational or institutional setting, corresponding to healthcare and important staff, primarily based on their particular person advantages and dangers.
- J&J COVID-19 Booster Eligibility: A single vaccine booster dose is beneficial for people 18 and older who acquired a J&J major dose no less than 2 months after they obtain their preliminary J&J major vaccine dose.
- Mix & Match Guidance: In basic, it’s endorsed people obtain the identical product for his or her booster dose as they did for his or her major sequence.
- However, if the unique product is just not obtainable or one other product is most popular, combine and matching vaccines with any of the licensed COVID-19 vaccine boosters is allowed.
- The major sequence of two-dose vaccines ought to nonetheless be accomplished with the identical product for each doses.
Walgreens Remains Committed to Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy
Though the United States has greater than sufficient vaccines for all eligible people, vaccination charges stay uneven, leaving Hispanic and Black adults notably in danger. Since September 20, vaccination charges have elevated by 1.2 share factors amongst each Hispanic and Black adults, however general, they continue to be much less prone to have acquired a vaccine.i Continued hesitancy stemming from medical distrust or misinformation, and different social determinants of well being proceed to contribute to disparities in vaccinations amongst some communities of colour.
“As we assist hundreds of thousands of Americans get their booster shot, vaccine hesitancy continues to be a barrier in lots of communities of colour,” stated Dr. Kevin Ban, chief medical officer, Walgreens. “As we have throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Walgreens will remain focused on driving equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines with vaccine equity clinics and educational initiatives.”
In the final month, Walgreens administered practically 60% of its COVID-19 vaccines to folks of colour by means of ongoing fairness efforts. Walgreens will proceed to prioritize vaccine supply to medically underserved areas and communities of colour which were disproportionately affected by the pandemic as boosters develop into obtainable.
How to Schedule Your Vaccine at Walgreens
Appointments for COVID-19 vaccines, booster pictures and further immunizations will be scheduled by means of Walgreens.com/ScheduleVaccine, by calling 1-800-Walgreens or by calling an area Walgreens retailer. Individual vaccine availability will fluctuate by location.
For extra data, go to Walgreens.com/covidvaccine.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included within the United States phase of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an built-in pharmacy, healthcare and retail chief serving hundreds of thousands of shoppers and sufferers on daily basis, with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. As America’s most liked pharmacy, well being and magnificence firm, Walgreens function is to champion the well being and well-being of each neighborhood in America. Operating practically 9,000 retail areas throughout America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood well being vacation spot serving roughly 9 million clients every day. Walgreens pharmacists play a crucial function within the U.S. healthcare system by offering a variety of pharmacy and healthcare providers. To greatest meet the wants of shoppers and sufferers, Walgreens affords a real omnichannel expertise, with absolutely built-in bodily and digital platforms supported by the most recent expertise to ship high-quality merchandise and providers in native communities nationwide.
i KFF, Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity, accessed 10/18/2021. https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-by-race-ethnicity/
View supply model on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211022005293/en/
The content material and opinions expressed inside this press launch are these of the writer(s) and/or represented firms, and are usually not essentially shared by Black PR Wire. The writer(s) and/or represented firms are solely answerable for the information and the accuracy of the content material of this Press launch. Black PR Wire reserves the fitting to reject a press launch if, within the view of Black PR Wire, the content material of the discharge is unsuitable for distribution.